Search
Sunday, November 19, 2017

MarkerDetails

Marker Details

Historical Marker:

Lincoln in the Black Hawk War


Picture:
Location:
The marker is located east of Dixon, on Franklin Grove Road, directly to the east of the south entrance to Oakwood Cemetery, off of IL Route 38, and directly to the west of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Latitude:
41.8378
Longitude:
-89.4686
Dedication Date:
01/01/1953
Dedication By:
State of Illinois

Marker Description:
On May 12, 1832 Captain Abraham Lincoln's company of Illinois volunteers camped one mile west. Lincoln re-enlisted in two other companies and was frequently in Dixon. Discharged from service near Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, on July 10, Lincoln passed through Dixon en route to New Salem.
Map:

Print marker information

Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2017 by Illinois State Historical Society
Back To Top