The marker is located in Lincoln, at the intersection of 5th and Madison Streets, across from Postville Court House State Site.
Lincoln Kiwanis, Lions and Rotary Clubs and The Illinois State Historical Society
On this site Dr. John Deskins erected a tavern in 1836. Abraham Lincoln, David Davis, and other lawyers frequently stayed overnight here while the Eighth Judicial Court was in session at the Postville Court House. The judge, lawyers, litigants, witnesses, jurors and prisoners often shared the same dining table.
Print marker information