Lincoln House, The
The marker is in Lincoln at the intersection of South Chicago Street and Broadway. It is mounted on the building at 501 Broadway.
Lincoln Kiwanis, Lions & Rotary Club and The Illinois State Historical Society
On this site the town proprietors erected the original Lincoln House in 1854. Leonard Volk met Abraham Lincoln on the sidewalk in front of the hotel on July 16, 1858, and arranged to make Lincoln's life mask later.
Print marker information