Search
Sunday, November 19, 2017

MarkerDetails

Marker Details

Historical Marker:

Logan County Circuit Court


Picture:
Location:
The marker is located in Lincoln, on the Courthouse Lawn.
Latitude:
40.1461
Longitude:
-89.3622
Dedication Date:
03/01/1965
Dedication By:
Lincoln Kiwanis, Lions & Rotary Clubs and The Illinois State Historical Society

Marker Description:
On this site stood two former Logan County Courthouses in which Abraham Lincoln practiced law from 1856 until elected President. During the March term, 1859, Lincoln substituted for David Davis as the presiding judge of the Logan County Circuit Court.
Map:

Print marker information

Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2017 by Illinois State Historical Society
Back To Top