Homestead of Judge Samuel Elder
The marker is located in Eldorado on IL 142 on the southeast corner of Old Broughton Road and State Street. It is at the base of the water tower and diagonally across from the city park.
Illinois State Historical Society
Here was located the home of Samuel Elder, cofounder of Elder-Redo now called Eldorado. Judge of the county court 1849-1856, school commissioner, collector, Internal Revenue, Justice of the Peace, and farmer. He and his son William together with Joseph and William Reed laid out the village of Eldorado, August 22, 1857.
Print marker information