Carmi's Oldest House
The marker is located in Carmi, on the south side of Cross Street, just east of Main Street.
White County Historical Society and The Illinois State Historical Society
This house was built by early settler John Craw prior to 1817. In 1835 it was purchased by John M. Robinson, U.S. Senator (1831-43) and Illinois Supreme Court Justice (1843). The house was later occupied by his daughter Mrs. Robert Stewart and his granddaughter Miss Mary Jane Stewart.
Print marker information