Fulton's First Home
The marker is located in Fulton, in the extreme northeast part of town on the south side of 8th Avenue, just east of 17th Street.
Fulton Junior Woman's Club and The Illinois State Historical Society
John Baker, Fulton's first permanent settler, arrived in 1835 and built his three-room log cabin and outbuildings nearby. He lived in amity with the Indians and kept a rude hostelry. Later Fulton's first doctors, Daniel and Lucinda Reed, made the cabin their home, practiced medicine and also entertained travelers.
Print marker information