The marker is located in Fulton, on the east side of Fourth Street, at its intersection with Seventh Avenue (707 North Fourth Street), facing west.
Fulton Junior Woman's Club and The Illinois State Historical Society
This house was the head office of the Modern Woodmen of America, a fraternal life insurance society, when that organization first became an Illinois corporation in 1884. The house was the home of Dr. Henry M. Kennedy, head clerk of the fraternal society from 1884 to 1888. The Society was founded in 1883 by Joseph C. Root of Lyons, Iowa. Between 1886 and 1897 the office occupied three other sites in Fulton before being moved to Rock Island, where it is presently located.
Print marker information