The marker is located in the southwest part of Westfield, at the corner of South Street and Fulton Street.
Clark County Historical Society and The Illinois State Historical Society
For more than fifty years Westfield College was located on this site. It was founded as a seminary in 1861 by the United Brethren in Christ and incorporated as a college in 1865. The school was coeducational from the beginning and in some years granted both Bachelor's and Master's Degrees. Its peak enrollment, reached in 1909, was 160. It closed in June 1914. Three years later the old college building, then being used by Westfield Township High School, was destroyed by fire.
Print marker information