Search
Saturday, November 18, 2017

MarkerDetails

Marker Details

Historical Marker:

Metamora Court House


Picture:
Location:
The marker is located in Metamora, on the southeast corner of the City Park, on the north side Mount Vernon Road (IL 116) at its intersection with Davenport Street.
Latitude:
40.7907
Longitude:
-89.3619
Dedication Date:
01/01/1935
Dedication By:
State of Illinois

Marker Description:
As a member of the traveling bar of the Eighth Judicial Circuit, Lincoln came twice a year to Metamora, then the seat of Woodford County, to attend court in the courthouse which faces the north side of this park. David Davis, Robert G. Ingersoll and Adlai E. Stevenson were others who practiced here.
Map:

Print marker information

Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2017 by Illinois State Historical Society
Back To Top