The marker is located in Naperville, on the North Central College Campus near Merner Fieldhouse.
The DuPage County Historical Society and The Illinois State Historical Society
Near this site in 1832, a 100-foot square stockade enclosed by wooden pickets, with two blockhouses on diagonal corners, was built. Here Captain Morgan L. Payne and his company of forty-five men protected the settlers from roaming Sauk Indians during the Black Hawk War.
Print marker information