The marker is located in Glen Ellyn in Stacy's Park at the intersection of North Main Street and Geneva Road.
The DuPage Chapter, Daughters of the American Colonists and The Illinois State Historical Society
Moses Stacy, soldier in the War of 1812, arrived here in 1835. This inn, built in 1846 and his second home, was a half way stop between Chicago and the Fox River Valley and a probable stage stop for Rockford - Galena coaches. For many years the village was called 'Stacy's Corners.'
Print marker information