Image Courtesy of Elaine Shemoney Evans
The marker is located in Vandalia at the northeast corner of 4th Street and Gallatin Street.
The Illinois State Historical Society
John Charters operated a large tavern on this site from the late 1820's to November 1835. Under the name, "Sign of the Green Tree," it was operated by Thomas Redmond until 1838.
Print marker information