503 Main, Plainfield
Will County Historical Society and The Illinois State Historical Society
This was the site of the Arnold Tavern, first government franchised Post Office in present day Will County (1834-1845). The present building was the home of Dr. E.C. Wight, one of the first physicians in northern Illinois (1836), and a post-house which accommodated Chicago-Ottawa stage line passengers (1836-1886).
Print marker information