George Marshall Home
5N377 Dunham Road, St. Charles, Illinois
The DuPage County Historical Museum and the Illinois State Historical Society
The stone posts located 75 yards to the south of this sign mark the front gate of the house occupied by then-Colonel George C. Marshall, Jr. and his wife, Katherine, in 1936. Marshall lived here while serving with the Illinois National Guard in Chicago. While living here he received his promotion to Brigadier General. Marshall later served as Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army during World War II, and Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense under the Truman administration. He was the architect of the Marshall Plan, for which he received the Nobel Peace Prize.
Print marker information