The marker is located in Palestine at 208 South Jackson Street.
Citizens of Palestine and The Illinois State Historical Society
Here stood the home of Edward N. Cullom who with Joseph Kitchell platted the village of Palestine in 1818. They donated to the county land including the public square for the county seat. Early court sessions were held in the Cullom house.
Print marker information