The marker is located on the North side of IL Route 33, on the west edge of Palestine, adjacent to the Palestine, IL marker.
Citizens of Palestine and The Illinois State Historical Society
About 1813 the William Eaton family and other restless pioneers considered Fort LaMotte too crowded and therefore constructed a new stockade on a site several hundred yards north of here. A family trait of the Eatons, large feet, led to the name of Fort Foot.
Print marker information