The marker is located in Palestine, at the intersection of Grand Prairie and Lincoln Streets.
Citizens of Palestine and The Illinois State Historical Society
Two early residents of Palestine, John Houston and Francis Dickson, purchased this lot as the site for a combination dwelling and store about 1818. By 1820 their stock of merchandise provided nearby settlers with goods which they previously had to bring from Indiana.
Print marker information