Blackwell's White House
The marker is located in Vandalia on the southeast corner of the intersection if US 40 and US 51 (3rd Street and Gallatin Street). Marker is at ground level.
The Illinois State Historical Society
Colonel Robert Blackwell's new two-story frame store and boardinghouse opened on this site in time for the convening of the Ninth General Assembly on December 1, 1834. He advertised board and lodging for 'thirty or forty.'
Print marker information