The marker is located in Vandalia at the southeast corner of the intersection of Fourth and Gallatin Streets.
The Illinois State Historical Society
In 1836 Colonel Abner Flack took over the large three-story frame building which stood here, and operated it under the name Vandalia Inn. In 1853-1854 it was the headquarters for Chief Engineer Charles F. Jones, in charge of construction of the Illinois Central Railroad.
Print marker information