In addition to the Lunch and Learn program occurring this day, join us for one or all of the Symposium sessions. Morning and afternoon presentations are free to attend with complimentary snack refreshments. A registration fee of $25/person allows you to enjoy a delicious hot lunch prepared by Chef Howard.
- 9:30am: Women’s Work: The Scholarship and Activism of Suffrage-Era Women at Illinois State University presented by Dr. April Karlene Anderson-Zorn, University Archivist, Illinois State University.
- 10:30am: Every Girl Pulling for Victory - Suffrage and Service during the Great War presented by Debra M. Dudek, author and Head of Adult & Teen Services, Fountaindale Public Library District.
Lunch and Learn – 11:30am
- Casting Lincoln: The Sculptures of John McClarey presented by John McClarey, internationally renowned sculptor of Decatur, Illinois. McClarey’s works are sited throughout the U.S. and international locales in Russia, Japan and Cuba.
- The Scent of Wisdom: Perfumes, Olfactory Art and Philosophy presented by Dr. Larry Shiner, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy, History and Visual Arts, Department of Philosophy, UI Springfield.
- 1:30pm: Suffragist or Suffragette, What is the Difference? presented by Tina Beaird, Genealogy/ Local History Librarian, Plainfield School District.
- 2:15pm: Women's Rights, Railroads and the Illinois Constitutional Convention of 1870 presented by Dr. Bernard H. Sieracki, author and instructor, Public Administration, UI Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology and UI Springfield.
Register online today: go.uis.edu/LunchFall19
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.206.6058.
UIS Student Union Ballroom
2251 Richard Wright Drive
Springfield, IL (Map)