Christian County Annual Persimmon Party
Christian County Historical Society & Museum and the Christian County Genealogical Society
The Christian County Historical Society & Museum along with the Christian County Genealogical Society will host their annual Persimmon Party (Fun Fall Family Festival) on Saturday November 3rd from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- The 3rd Annual Little Miss Persimmon Pageant at 10 a.m. for ages 4-6 years.
- Sweet treats for sale made with persimmon pulp (and free samples).
- Persimmon pulp for purchase to take home and make your own goodies. Just $5 per cup for your holiday baking.
- Period music and songs.
- Beekeeper demonstrations in the Bee Castle with local honey for sale (no live bees).
- Period demonstrations such as butter churning, quilting and candle making.
- Christian County Genealogical Society will be serving the famous Callen's family recipe ground beef BBQ; hotdog meals available for purchase.
- Learn how persimmons predict the weather
- Historic buildings will be open to tour.
- Kids activities.
Admission: Donations will be accepted upon entrance to the grounds. Some activities will have a small cost for supplies.
The Christian County Historical Society & Museum is a proud partner in the 42-county Looking for Lincoln Abraham Lincoln National Heritage Area. For more info, go to lookingforlincoln.com.
Christian County Historical Society & Museum (Located in front of the SUPER 8 Motel Rte. 48 & Rte. 29)
325 Abe's Way
Taylorville, IL (Map)
More info link https://www.facebook.com/events/142068369839011/