LeTourneau Steel House Historical Marker Dedication Ceremony
Wheels O'Time Museum
On May 4, an ISHS historical marker will be dedicated at the site of the LeTourneau steel house. The restoration of the LeTourneau steel house was a cooperative project involving the Central Illinois Landmarks Foundation, the Peoria Historical Society and Wheels O’ Time Museum. The house was moved across town from the LeTourneau factory site to the grounds of the Wheels O' Time Museum grounds along with a statue of Robert Gilmore LeTourneau. The house was extensively refurbished and outfitted with authentic period decor. It is now open to visitors.
More information can be found at: https://wheelsotime.org/newest-exhibit/
An article describing the LeTourneau steel house and information on Robert Gilmore LeTourneau, published in the Jan.-Feb. 2019 issue of Illinois Heritage, can be found here.
Wheels O' Time Museum
1710 Woodside Drive
Dunlap, Illinois 61525 (Map)