The award will be presented at the Illinois State Historical Society's Annual Awards Banquet in 2020. Nominations may be made by any group or person, including the nominee, and should be accompanied by the following information:
- Nominee's name and address
- Nominee's subject and grade level
- Nominator's name and contact information
- The school where the teacher is employed
- Contact information for the school's principal
- Nominee's educational background
- Nominee's professional experience
- A narrative description of the nominee's outstanding classroom accomplishments. This should include specific history units taught by the nominee and information about local museums or historical societies that were involved. Commentary on the results or impact of the programs and how they were developed may be included. Other awards won by the nominee or nominee's students should also be included.
- Letter of support or recommendation
- The Society's Annual Awards Committee will judge all nominations and select the winner.
Informational Letter (PDF)
Download Application (PDF)
The deadline for submission of requested information is January 15, 2020.
Nominations may be submitted via paper to: Illinois State Historical Society, Foster Award, 5255 Shepherd Road, Springfield, IL 62703-5408.
For more information, call the Illinois State Historical Society at 217-525-2781.