Market Place, The
The marker is located in Fulton, at the corner of Second Street and Eighth Avenue. The maker is on the north side of Eighth Avenue, right at the foot of the levee, facing south.
Fulton Junior Woman's Club and The Illinois State Historical Society
Early Fulton communal activity centered around this trigon. The ferry, powered successively by man, horse and steam, landed at its north end. Stores, hotels, warehouses and saloons faced all three sides. Later the sawmills rented it to store huge piles of lumber. It became a city park in 1958.
Print marker information