Museum Media Film Fest--Call for Submissions!
Illinois Association of Museums
As a special feature to the annual conference of the Illinois Association of Museums in 2019, we are looking for museum media features which are used in an exhibit/gallery setting to be celebrated by museum professionals at the historic Normal Theater. Features will be selected for screening by a jury of museum professionals from the Illinois Association of Museums and shown at the Normal Theater, 209 West North Street, Normal, IL on November 19, 2019 during the conference.
Deadline for submission: 7/31/2019
Museum Interpretive Feature Film Festival
This concept is to celebrate short-form media features created for museums in Illinois or by media producers in Illinois creating work for museums regardless of location. The program would feature a descriptive set-up by the feature creative team representative followed by the screening. All jury-selected features would be screened. After the screening is completed the program would feature live audience-rated judging component through a smart-phone app. The program will be hosted by a moderator and facilitator.
Criteria for submitting a media feature for review:
• Media feature is less than 5-minutes long
• Media feature was created in the last 3 years
• Media feature was used in a museum gallery / exhibit setting
• Media feature was featured in an Illinois Museum
• Or Media feature was produced by an Illinois-based media producer regardless of location
If selected, a representative for the feature must attend the program to provide an introduction, the media must be sent in highest definition format possible via Dropbox, and permission and rights to publicly show this feature must be provided.
Categories for media features:
• Budget range 1 (<$5,000) – not including AV hardware
• Budget range 2 ($5,000 – $20,000) – not including AV hardware
• Budget range 3 (>$20,000+) – not including AV hardware
• Best Science Feature (budget 1, budget 2, budget 3)
• Best History Feature (budget 1, budget 2, budget 3)
• Best Natural History Feature (budget 1, budget 2, budget 3)
• Best Zoo / Aquarium Feature (budget 1, budget 2, budget 3)
• Best Art Feature (budget 1, budget 2, budget 3)
Our 2019 Conference will take place at the Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center with some workshops, events and gatherings to happen at other nearby locations. For more details, please visit http://www.illinoismuseums.org/inspire/annual-conference/