D. D. Collins House Historical Marker Dedication
Join us on Saturday, November 23, at 1 p.m. for the D. D. Collins House historical marker dedication. Built in 1845 by Daniel Dove Collins the house is an example of Greek Revival architecture. In 2002 the Collins House was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
As the first president of the village board, Collins held board meetings in his home. He served as county judge, built the area's first plan toll roads, and was a highway commissioner.
Light refreshments of cider and cookies will be served.
D. D. Collins House
703 West Main Street
Collinsville, IL (Map)